So I'm driving down Grand street (one of the four main streets in Haysville) and I see a teen aged girl walking on the sidewalk wearing a hooters t-shirt. The plain white tee with the orange logo. I think to myself. "No way am I letting Andi do that junk when she gets older." So I think to myself about this list of things I say "No way" to now and what I'll do when I get to that point.
I have decided to write out my "No way" list.
1. No boyfriends/girlfriends staying the night at our house. (I'll pay for a motel if I have to.)
2. No staying the night at the boyfriends/girlfriends house. (Believe that I will be there to get my kid.)
3. No degrading clothing. (Playboy bunnies, shorts that don't cover the bottom, rude logos, or cleavage tops)
4. No disrespecting adults. (rude comments, or snide remarks.)
5. No cussing.
6. No staying out late with other kids unless with an adult in a safe environment.
7. No fighting. (Physical or Verbal)
8. No bullying.
I'm on my way to being the uncool mom who's children whine to about what their peers get to do, but I want to raise my children to be good people with morals and self respect. Not because I want to control them, but because I love them and want them to be extraordinary.